Saturday, May 15, 2010

A stranger conversation with Magnus

Last week Magnus had his 5 yr. check up at the doctors and he came home with some papers detailing things that typical 5 year olds do or encounter. There was one section about not talking to strangers and making sure our kids understood what it means. This wasn't a conversation we had ever had since he is always with us. So I pondered it in my head(more like panic) about how to talk to him. We were having lunch and this is how our conversation went:



Me: So Magnus what do you do if a stranger came up to you and said hey do you want to come over to my house?

Magnus: I'd say no

Me: Okay if it's the neighbor across the street or the guy next door?

Magnus: I would still say no

Me: That's right because we don't have a relationship with them. What would your actions be besides saying no?

Magnus: Um I don't know

Me: Well you would say no loud enough that I could hear you from inside the house and then you would run inside to tell me what happened

Magnus: Ok

Me: So what would you do if someone offered you candy instead

Magnus: I would take it



I couldn't help but laugh. The innocense of our young ones. I wish that that was something that my kids could hold onto a little longer than our world lets us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...