Monday, June 28, 2010

Is it the weather??

In the last couple of days the kids have been rambunctious. There've been lots of whining, not listening, not eating. I don't know what the deal is, but if there was an award for "mommy of the day", I'd be right up there in the running. Yesterday Soph threw up all of her meal for whatever reason. Magnus walked by and said, "oh, that is too much throw up. I can't watch this." Today she woke up from her nap with the BIGGEST poop anyone has ever had. Let's just say I had to cut her onesie off of her. I haven't done that since she was an infant (with very different poo at that stage). And the onesie was the only thing she was wearing. So I'll let you imagine what was in her crib. So hopefully tomorrow will not be as warm and things will go back to normal. No more throw ups, no more massive poops, and no more not listening.

On a side note, I'll post later what Soph can do....
Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sewing for Lilly- Peasant top

I got this free pattern from Ikat. She is an amazing smart mom who crafts, sews, and makes her own patterns.

I think this is another successful sewing project! I love this fabric! Can you believe that it is a thrift store sheet?? It costs me $2.00 for a full sheet and I still have a lot of it left. Yippee!!!

Sewing for Lilly- Made Andy Warhol Dress

Magnus has a cousin, Lilly, that is his favorite because she is always nice to him, he says. Anyways she is 2 years older than him, but they are the same size. So cute!

I made this with instructions from wonderful Dana at Made. I made this from a thrift store pillowcase. This was easy to do. I think I got it all done in an hour, including the pattern cutting. I like it a lot. I hope Lilly does too. She's spending the whole next week with us, so we'll see.

A shirtdress-frock by friday

This was a hard thing to sew. There was a lot of new techniques that I had never done before and it kicked my butt. This was a mon-fri project, but it didn't work out that way for me. It took me over 2 weeks to finish. Mostly because I needed to take lots of breaks before my brain would explode. All the cursing didn't help to eleviate the frustrations either. After I had everything sewn, I still needed to make dart adjustments in the back to it so it would fit better. After that, I tried it on for the kabillionth time and I realized that somehow the collar got sewn on crooked. It's longer on one side! So I decided that I've worked way to long on this and I am no longer making any more changes!

I did learn what stitch in the ditch meant, made my first button strip, and made my first collar-even though it is crooked.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A pinafore

After sewing my crazy complicated frock by friday, I was ready to sew something a little more simpler, like this pinafore. I think it is soooo cute!

I love the buttons on these! It's a little big on her now, so we'll see if next summer she can still fit into it.

I had to bribe her with some pizza rolls so she would stand up so I could get a better shot of the back piece. This girl loves food!

I added a sew on snap in the middle of the back because I wasn't sure how it would hold together. I didn't want it the split to part too much when she would bendover. A little modesty for the girl. This was less than 30 mins to do. The buttons were extras that came with some clothes I bought a while back. (I knew that there was going to be a use for those later). This is also lined. I wish I had taken a photo of the other side, but I didn't. After 2 mins of having this on Sopheary ate everything in sight that would stain so there goes the photo opp.

An apron for Magnus

This is reversible! Since it is I made just one strap for the body and placed velcro to both sides of the ends. Then on one side of the body of the apron I put the other part of the velcro on. (Pardon the laundry and toys in the background. Sometimes I only have 2 secs to take pics before someone wants up please or food or to be in the picture)

The strap at the neck has elastic so it stretches to fit his noggin without having to deal with adjusting rings or anything of that sort.

I got this fabric a while back ago when Joann's was having some sort of holiday sale. This was $1.50 a yard and was totally cute not to get it. I've been wanting to make Magnus an apron for quite some time, but didn't have the right material. This was the right price and also paying homage to his dad's work. It took me maybe an hour to make it. I basically sewed all around the edges leaving a 3 inch gap on the body to insert the side strap and I left the top part unsewned until I figured out where I wanted the strap to be. Then I sewed both straps in and added the velcro and that was it. I wanted to make this as child friendly as I can.This means he can put it on all by himself without my help. That is always a plus!!!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All is quiet on this blog

for the last week because I have been working on another Frock by Friday and it has been difficult. It's probably been the most hardest thing I've ever had to sew. There has been numerous times of pinning, sewing, ripping, cursing, and screw this attitude. But I am determined to get it done. In no way is it going to look as good as other's, but it is teaching me some new sewing skills. So hopefully I can get it done in the next day or so and then I will post it.

Craft Project: Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

Craft Project: Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

I would love to make one of these! We go thru Capri Suns like crazy here. Gotta save up some pouches and then I'll get on this...maybe next week. In the meantime I will be downing Capri Suns...gotta go
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...