Saturday, June 19, 2010

A shirtdress-frock by friday

This was a hard thing to sew. There was a lot of new techniques that I had never done before and it kicked my butt. This was a mon-fri project, but it didn't work out that way for me. It took me over 2 weeks to finish. Mostly because I needed to take lots of breaks before my brain would explode. All the cursing didn't help to eleviate the frustrations either. After I had everything sewn, I still needed to make dart adjustments in the back to it so it would fit better. After that, I tried it on for the kabillionth time and I realized that somehow the collar got sewn on crooked. It's longer on one side! So I decided that I've worked way to long on this and I am no longer making any more changes!

I did learn what stitch in the ditch meant, made my first button strip, and made my first collar-even though it is crooked.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...