Saturday, May 15, 2010

What a bloody week

literally! We started with Sopheary cutting her lip as she lost her balance and fell. She hit the coffee table and cut up the inside of her bottom lip probably with her gimormous front tooth . It swelled quite a bit. She had blood on her shirt, I had blood on mine. That was the first time any of the kids ever had that bad of a bleeding. Until today...we were coming home and was about 3 houses away from ours when Magnus asked if he could have a tissue for his nose. I said I didn't have any because it was all in the truck, but that we were almost home that he would have to wait. Pulled into the driveway, Dad looks over and he says, Magnus has a bloody nose. First reaction, no way can't be, second reaction after I got out of the car and saw him, holy crap that's a lot of blood. Since he had tried to wipe his nose, he had blood all over his hands and cheeks and nose and mouth. It looked awful. Awful. I tried to put pressure on it with some baby wipes, which was the only thing I had at that moment. Soaked through a couple of those, realize that that was not working. I picked up our 43lbs. boy out of the car all the way to my room and finally had a towel sufficient enough to hold all the blood. Applied pressure for a couple of mins., checked it, still bleeding. Then I told him to hold the towel and put pressure on his nose while I looked up, how to stop a nose bleed online. My 5 year old is such a trooper. He didn't cry from the sight of all the blood, didn't panic or even squirm. I am so proud of him. After about 6 mins more of applying pressure, by me at this point, it finally stopped. I cleaned his nose carefully and you can only imagine what kind of blood stuff came out. If I wasn't a mother and had to put on a brave face. I think I would have fallen over from the grossness of it all. I am so glad that John was with us because if he wasn't I wouldnt know what to do with the two kids. One that needed my immediate attention and one that is too young to unbuckle her seatbeat and walk into the house by herself. Hopefully this never happens again until Sopheary can unbuckle and walk by herself. I think I saw enough blood to last a while from this week. I hope you week isn't as bloody as ours....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...