Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tasting Exotic Fruits

We did this for school and I LOVED IT!! I think I liked it more than Magnus did.
Isn't he so ADORABLE!!
We had young fresh coconut that we purchased from the Cambodian store on Pet. Hill Rd. It was difficult to break a small opening at the top for the straw, but once we did it was yummy-ness. I had kept this in the fridge so it was a nice cold refreshing drink on a particularly hot day last week.

I don't know what the name of this fruit is, but I know it was something I have never eaten. It reminds me a lot of a prickly pear, although I have never tasted that either. The color is beautiful though.

Young coconut is different than regular coconut because the flesh is a lot softer. It's more of a melt in your mouth texture than a crunchy constant chew bite of the regular stuff. I liked it a lot. What a treat!
This was like a kiwi without any of it's great flavor. The texture was there with the seeds, but it had NO flavor. It was quite bizarre for me because I was expecting something great. All exotic things are suppose to be awesome, right??? It was also quite expensive. I guess it's a good thing that we didn't like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...