Sunday, July 25, 2010

I signed up for a 5k

Yep, that's right! The run date is Sunday August 29 at 9am. So basically I have one month to train for this thing. I think I can do it. It's only 3.1 miles. I think I can make it within an hour. I think I can, I think I can...



I've had my eye on running this thing for the last 2 years but something would always come up. The first year I found out about it too late and I would have not had the time to train for it. Most people had already started training months ago. I only had one week before the date. The next year I was pregnant, not just regular pregnant. It was the oh everything smells bad and my stomach is quesy and I am going to throw up all over you. So that wasn't going to work out. This is almost a fluke thing. We took Magnus to swim practice and there was a sign for a charity run to benefit the swim center. I saw it, went hym, and then while I was sitting there waiting for Magnus to get done with swimming. The idea emerge, why not!!! So what if I only have a month to train, it's make it or break it time. We'll see what happens. If I make it, great. If I break it, then maybe next time I should bring a book to read while Magnus is swimming instead of letting my mind daydream of me running across the finish line in slo-mo with the crowd cheering wildly for my great endeaver. We'll see...

Here's the link if you are interested in joining me http://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/news/Pages/SaveOurPools5KWalkRun.aspx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...