Friday, January 2, 2015

30 Years of Blessed Love

We have been friends with these lovely folks for many many years and what a blessing they are in our lives. They are patient, loving, generous, wise, pun-tastic, inspiring, a seeker of God, and so on and so on. I think you get the jest of how awesome they are! haha 

They are so awesome, in fact, that we share the same wedding anniversary! Unintended, of course. I met them when John and I were dating. John has known them since they started going to church together. One of the bigger influences in John's walk with the Lord. They were the ones we had premarital counseling with, the ones we called when we needed counseling in our marriage, and the ones who we share our struggles and joys with. Phew, that's quite a friendship!!!

What an honor it was to be with them when their daughter surprised them with an anniversary party! 


We had a game of, How Well Do You Know Your Spouse. How amazing it was that they got just about all the correct answers to the questions! Hmm, we've been married 1/2 of the time and I don't think I can answer too many questions correctly about John! 




I can't remember what the question was for this answer, but it has something to do with Todd needing more sleep.


How sweet of their daughter to include elements of their wedding at the party. A much better cake than they had 30 years prior!  





What I also like about Heather, is how she she is always coordinating her outfits with the theme/color of the party. That's such a difference from me and that's another reason I appreciate her.

Thank you for all the years of encouragement you've given to us. Whether it was relating to our marriage, our children, or our relationships with people(because you know I don't like people too much)! haha We love love love you guys! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...