Friday, July 29, 2011

How I hurt myself

Well it's been a little more then 2 weeks since I fell down the porch at my friend's house. My foot is healing although slowly. Here's how it went down (hahaha, pun intended)!

John and I were leaving their house so we could have a little date night because the kids were with their grandparents. My intentions were to say goodbye to the people outside and grab a plant that was given to me. I remember seeing an inflatable monkey on the ground on the right side of me, stepped down, and then this realization that I was falling and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I may have stepped on the monkey, I do not remember. I landed face down and my foot was flexed the wrong way and it was hurting. Although I felt okay. Since we were leaving anyways, we left for the remainder of our date night. But by the time I had walked to the car, it had already swollen up. Date night became sit on the couch icing my foot night.

The next day was when the real pain kicked in. My foot was swollen. I couldn't put any weight on so a trek to the bathroom was more than that. I thought that perhaps I could crawl. Wrong! I didn't know that I had injured my knees too.

The following day a friend brought over a pair of crutches to help me get around the house. Sounds great, right? Wrong! I ended up with sore underarms and pair that with the foot and knees. It was an emotionally low day.

The next day John had to go to work. At that point the swelling had gone down a little bit and I could walk holding onto the walls. I tried to put on a pair of flip flops and my foot wouldn't go in it! 

Thankfully John was off the next day. My sister offerred me a walking shoe that people with a foot cast wears. We picked it up from her house and since my sister was at work at this point, it took me a while to figure out how to use it, but it is a God send!!!! I am wrapping my foot with an ace bandage and then wearing the "special" shoe. I can get around! Yippee!!! 

I have finally been able to get out of the house and do some grocery shopping. We had no fruits or vegetables for a week! When I did feel better, I made a salad for dinner one night and Magnus said that that was the best salad he's ever eaten! Poor malnurious family.   


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...