Monday, June 30, 2014

Nia's Homecoming

 Our dear friends, Matt and Shelly, adopted a baby from Guinea-Bissua and when Shelly brought their baby home, we got the opportunity to meet them at the airport. What a joyous occasion that was! We were so honored to share in that special moment! 

Here is my goofball excited about the walkway. Oh my! It moves you right along!!! This is the kids first time in an airport, so there was a lot of new and cool things to explore!


The welcoming committee!


Sweet friends taking a break from waiting!


The family, anxiously waiting to see their mama(who they haven't seen in over a week) and their baby sister. It didn't help that the TV display said that they had landed and loads of people were coming down the stairs, but no Shelly and Nia. 


And finally! Here they come from a different stairwell! Yes, quite an emotional moment. I don't know if I could have held it together quite as well. 


The big greeting! It must be so surreal for them to finally touch/see their sister that they have known and talked about so often.


Yay, together at last!


What a sweet family! I asked big brother how he felt to have his sister here and he shrugs his shoulders and says, I don't know. But I can see there's so much more there. At the very least, he has his mom home again! Big Sister S response was, "She's so cute! I just want to pinch her cheeks!" And O was just all smiles all the time. 
Welcome to your family Nia. Every time I see you, it's a reminder that God has a plan for all of us, that he answer prayers, that he knows what is best for us. You are very much an Earnshaw!

Side Note/Funny Story-on the way to the airport, I was busy coloring a sign that said, Welcome Home Nia. I figured I had a couple of hours before we get there to get it all nice and beautiful...well...someone who has never gotten car sick, except once when she was pregnant, got car sick! So Nia, I love you so much, but I just couldn't finish the sign or else...

1 comments:

  1. Awww. This is so sweet! And...i completely understand...i can't do anything in the car without getting sick! Thank you for being there, my dear friends...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...